One Crow is ill news Two Crows mirth Three Crows a wedding Four Crows a birth Five Crows for riches Six Crows a thief Seven Crows a journey Eight Crows for grief Nine Crows a secret Ten Crows for sorrow Eleven Crows for true love Twelve's a new day tomorrow
Friday, August 18, 2006
Originally uploaded by Storm.
On Monday Ken and I will have been going out for 2.5 years and so in honor of the 2.5 anniversary I thought I would pick out 10 things I love about Ken for the occasion.
10) Ken is almost always happy - he so rarely has a "bad day".
9) When I first started going out with him I thought he was very cool - and I still do.
8) He gets me to do things I never would have done on my own - like ride a roller coaster or go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
7) He is in touch with his feminine side - it makes him a wonderful and true companion - not just a lover but also a real friend.
6) He can laugh at himself but has a good sense of self-worth.
5) He gets along with my mother - One of the things that made me love him was that he came over and played Crazy Eights with me and the old lady. You are NOT going to find a man like that every day.
4) He reads a lot!
3) He enjoys my bitchiness and helps me through my bad days.
2) Enthusiasm! He makes everything better - a movie, a dinner out, a walk, being lazy, exercising - anything is better with Ken there. Remember Ac'cent the flavor enhancer? That's Ken - he makes everything more flavorful.
1) He sees many things about me as I see myself and that is so unbelievably rare - that each time he says something that shows me that he really does understand how I think and feel - I am astonished.
On top of it all he is also unbelievably cute - How can you resist him? I said when we first started going out it was like finding a rare jewel that had been thrown out by someone who did not value it. I will never make that mistake.
Friday, August 11, 2006
Have you seen this crazy flower at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden? They even have a Corpse Flower webcam . This is one of those thing like whale sharks and the cave of Lascaux that make me just love this world. People wake up - how can you NOT want to protect and save this world with things like that in it?
Went to see Talladega Nights last night with the old lady. Sorry - I thought it was distinctly un-funny. Not because of the subject matter surprisingly - but because I feel like they missed the mark with almost every joke. There was potential there and they blew it. I think they didn't go far enough to the satirical side and so some of the lines came out too straight. Too bad as the old lady really want to laugh I think. We did see a preview for Night at the Museum with Ben Stiller that looks awesome.
There are a bunch of things bothering me lately about the world but I am going to refrain from mentioning them here and now.
So instead I am planning to go to the Brattleboro Farmer's Market - one of my all time favorite places that I have not been to yet this summer. They have all kinds of good food - a woman from Mali makes this really good chicken and rice and serves it with a wicked hot sauce! Or maybe some nice Thai noodles. who knows!
Oh and Ken reminded me that this weekend is the Springfield Moonlight Madness so we will probably be stopping over there to look around this evening.
Thursday, August 03, 2006
It's 6 a.m.
I don't think I have ever woken up to this kind of heat here.
There are no air conditioners to be found. I know two friends who were out looking yesterday and nothing.
I am worried how my chickens will make it through they hate the heat.
The house has not cooled down at all at night. Thank heavens I have air-conditioning in the living room for the old lady.