One Crow is ill news Two Crows mirth Three Crows a wedding Four Crows a birth Five Crows for riches Six Crows a thief Seven Crows a journey Eight Crows for grief Nine Crows a secret Ten Crows for sorrow Eleven Crows for true love Twelve's a new day tomorrow

Thursday, June 16, 2005

not much change

The one egg that has pipped has changed just a little in the past 11 hours - the crack now has a bit out out it and the cracks to the side are a bit longer. No signs of anything on the other two eggs.

I am getting the brooder (aka card board box) set up with the best of hopes for the outcome.

7:00 pm update - chick has made some progess - about another 1/2 inch or so has been chipped and I just heard it peep! No sign of anything on the other two eggs and I am resisting the terrible temptation to take them out and see if I can see anything with a closer look - or if I can feel any movement.

7:20 update - Heard wild peeping and she or he is born- I am a bit worried as it seems like the yol has not been completely absorbed - I read about people "pushing it into the abdomen - but I can't even see how I would be able to do that. I am just going to have to let it go and see how it does. I am leaving it in the incubator where the humidity is high to help out.

No comments: