One Crow is ill news Two Crows mirth Three Crows a wedding Four Crows a birth Five Crows for riches Six Crows a thief Seven Crows a journey Eight Crows for grief Nine Crows a secret Ten Crows for sorrow Eleven Crows for true love Twelve's a new day tomorrow

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

S-T-R-E-S-S and relaxation

OK even though the whole Groundhog Day feeling at work is subsiding and even though I had a great weekend. I am still feeling stressy. although it could be merely that I have a low grade headache - it just makes me feel like I cannot follow what people are saying - my neck aches a bit. I don't know - went home early yesterday and wanted to knit but ended up napping for about an hour - couldn't even concentrate. Although I AM half way through Branching Out scarf and more than half way through Clapotis.

Friday night we went to Chicago at Springfield High School and the kids did an excellent excellent job. Really I have not seen such a good amateur production.

Saturday I got my hair cut and colored - Sandy came along. Almost walked out of the place because Chrissie doesn't work there anymore. But had my hair cut and colored by the new guy - who it turns out lives in Springfield. It was a long process and I have to admit I miss the way Chrissie does my hair - I think I need to track her down. Saturday night I ended up knitting till after midnight. Ken called from Worcester about 10 - 10:30 - he and Bob went to see Jim Carroll (Basketball Diaries) at the Lucky Dog. They had an excellent time.

Sunday I cleaned out the chicken coop. I really thought it would take a couple of hours. Thought I would be done by noon time. HA! Took more than 4 hours and I was cursing myself for putting down so much wood shavings in the fall. Borrowed a haz-mat type mask from Sandy and it made a big difference. I don't think I could have done the job with just one of those paper masks. The dust was unbelievable. Very yucky. But everything is nice and clean now. Although the chickens are all discombobulated because I rearranged things. Ken was home about 4 p.m. and I was onto beer already. We decided to have hamburgers for dinner so after he went home and cleaned up he stopped and bought the fixings. Then Susan and Joe invited us over for a margarita- so we did that before dinner. All in all a pleasant weekend.

No comments: