One Crow is ill news Two Crows mirth Three Crows a wedding Four Crows a birth Five Crows for riches Six Crows a thief Seven Crows a journey Eight Crows for grief Nine Crows a secret Ten Crows for sorrow Eleven Crows for true love Twelve's a new day tomorrow

Monday, November 07, 2005

Damned Chickens

I made it through the work day pretty well. Came home and decided to really clean out the chicken waterers to keep in style with the newly winterized coop. When I brought the water back out to them I noticed that I had missed stapling plastic over one little section of the insulation - oh yes - and it was within their reach.

They had obviously spent the day saying “Oooooh loook at thiiis! oooh it's nice to peck at! Ooooooh hoooow loooovely.” Damn them. Luckily it looks like they did more pecking than eating - but I told them anyone who's filled up with styrofoam is on their own. I have had enough with impacted crops and slicing them open to clean them out.

While I was getting the plastic to cover it over they thought they would have one more go at it and started up pecking at it again. Damn them.

Spent the rest of the night catering to the old lady, got her dinner and then a million other things she wanted. Made egg salad for her lunch tomorrow. Cleaned the kitchen floor – folded 2 loads of wash and filled the dishwasher. I am exhausted. It’s 8:30 and I am ready for bed. I hope I have someone to take care of my every need when I am old.

I have to take time off tomorrow to get her to a flu clinic – almost all the clinics around here have been cancelled. So we are going to be lucky to get one tomorrow, hopefully they won’t run out of vaccine.

No comments: