One Crow is ill news Two Crows mirth Three Crows a wedding Four Crows a birth Five Crows for riches Six Crows a thief Seven Crows a journey Eight Crows for grief Nine Crows a secret Ten Crows for sorrow Eleven Crows for true love Twelve's a new day tomorrow

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Looong weekend

It is so nice having 4 days off at Thanksgiving and as this is the first time in a number of years we stayed home I feel extra specially relaxed. Of course I am already wishing we had more time off - but beggars can't be choosers.

Yesterday I did some tasks around the house; threw some leftovers out on the neighbor's dirt pile for the crows. I assume they headed down to get them as they are gone this morning - either that or the other neighbor's dog ate them. We had a nice platform bird feeder that was strong enough for the crows to land on – but someone and I suspect raccoons pulled it down. I need to get my act together to hammer it back together and reinforce it a bit more.

I also went to the hardware store and got a heat bulb for the chickens - came home and dropped it - yup $13 out the door. I wasn't happy and there by gave up on any more improvements for the day. While out and about I also picked up some yarn to knit a cap for a boy who is just now getting to Iraq. They need caps to go under their helmets and I thought that a brown cap with a pine-green outline of VT on the front would give him a little reminder of home.

I am using Knitusa by Lane Borgosesia. I found it in my local store on sale for about $4.60 a skein. That's about half the regular price and cheaper than anywhere I have looked online. It is a superwash bulky wool and has a very nice feel to it. (I stopped myself from buying enough to make a bulky sweater). I think it is going to make nice hats. I have already started a hat in black and white of the same yarn based loosely on the Hot Head hat in Stitch ‘n Bitch and on this hat from Hank Olsen mostly for the skully pattern.

I really need to get myself in gear – I have 3 hats and other small knitted items to finish for Christmas. And what am I doing instead? Making chicken stock and writing in this blog! I am pathetic. And now I think I need a nap. Why, oh why, am I such a procrastinator?

No comments: